Unwanted mold discovered in your commercial building is never a pleasant sight. Pennsylvania’s humid climate can create an ideal environment for mold growth to occur inside our businesses and workplace buildings. Upon finding mold, it may be tempting to slap on some latex gloves, grab a sponge, and attempt to remove it on your own. However, this can be a costly mistake.
Mold removal is a complex process that requires the use of specialized equipment and trained expertise for proper execution. From the commercial mold remediation experts at Hitchcock Clean and Restore in Berks County, here are three reasons why you should avoid DIY mold removal.
Safe mold removal can’t be properly executed with a face mask and latex gloves. Working with mold can be a risky business – which is why sufficient personal protective wear is a must. Our trained commercial mold remediation experts have access to specialized protective wear that helps prevent the spread or inhalation of mold spores. They also know the proper ways to get in and out of protective wear to prevent further disruption of the spores.
Respirators are also important in protecting commercial mold remediation workers from breathing in spores and harmful dust. It’s difficult to obtain a respirator on your own – plus, OSHA requires all employees to complete training before using one. That’s why it’s best to contact our technicians who have already completed intensive training for the proper use of personal protective wear during the mold remediation process.
Proper mold remediation requires the use of special supplies, equipment, and solutions. This includes air filters, which are used to help remove mold spores in the air and contain them in the affected area while the remediation process is taking place. It also helps keep outside contaminants from entering the structure by creating negative air pressure.
Mold removal is complex and requires good judgment in order to troubleshoot a scenario. There are no “black and white” solutions and almost every job will require a customized plan. That is why we work as a team to handle mold problems and deliver improved results.
While some DIY projects are fun and a seemingly good way to save money, mold removal shouldn’t fall under the DIY category. Not only is it dangerous, but it can end up costing you more money in the long run.
Mold can be deceiving as it can appear to be a small problem on the surface, but there’s more than meets the eye. If mold is visible on the walls, floors, or ceilings, there’s a good chance more is growing behind the walls, underneath the flooring, or above the ceiling. Professional commercial mold remediation technicians, like those at Hitchcock Clean and Restore in Berks County, know how to get a handle on a mold problem quickly and effectively. They will target the source of mold and save you from dealing with a costly remediation further down the road.