Act Fast after Water Damage
Any mishap in your home can seem like a disaster, and overcoming it may feel like a daunting task. Team Hitchcock completely understands that, and has helped hundreds of people in Fleetwood and Berks County overcome and recover from house floods during Pennsylvania winters, springs, summers, and autumns.
No matter how bad the water damage is, or how deep into your walls it has gone, it is fixable! Plus, if there is mold present, Team Hitchcock will completely remove it and have your family breathing safely again.
They key to recovering quickly from a water loss, especially in a frigid Pennsylvania winter, is having a reputable restoration company on your side who will start work immediately, and work as quickly as possible to restore your home to its pre-loss condition. The longer you wait, the more damage there will be. Here’s why:
- Water can seep deep in to wall cavities and create pockets of saturation.
- Those pockets could remain unseen for a long time. However, just because you don’t see visible evidence of water damage, know that damage is likely being done to drywall, wood, or whatever other substance it might be sitting on.
- Just because the cause of the water damage is stopped, such as re-caulking the door we mentioned above, doesn’t mean there hasn’t been water penetrating at that spot for a while and other damage could be lurking within the wall.
- Mold growth happens quickly when building materials are exposed to moisture. Some experts say it happens in as little as 24 to 48 hours. If not properly treated, the mold could spread.
- Bleach does not properly get rid of mold. You cannot kill mold in that sense, because dead mold spores and just as dangerous as live ones. Mold is mold, and can be toxic in both forms. Mold must be removed, and again, the longer it sits and grows, the bigger the problem becomes.
Professional Restoration Companies Have Got You Covered
Restoration companies work very closely with insurance adjusters. That means project estimators have a very good idea what areas have been impacted by mold, what it will cost to remove it, and what the insurance company is going to cover.
The best restoration companies (we know we’re biased, but we consider Team Hitchcock among them!) abide by detailed industry standards for work like mold removal. This means there are best practices established industry-wide, and the process is proven to work time and time again. There are very effective chemicals, antimicrobials, and other products used during the mold removal and remediation process to be sure the spores are gone for good, and not going to grow back in the same place, or elsewhere.
The bottom line here is if you have water damage in your home, don’t wait to get help or hope the water will dry up and the problem goes away. It’s possible the problem will be covered by your insurance, and having a professional company on your side will ensure all the problems are fixed properly, and your life can be back to normal in no time.